Here are this week’s highlights in cybersecurity:
- FBI removed malware from infected network devices, “disrupting the GRU’s Control Over Thousands of Infected Devices Worldwide”. More
- Darkweb market “Hydra” which allowed selling of illegal narcotics was shutdown. German authorities seized servers and $25M in Bitcoin. More
- Turkey seeks 40000 year sentence for 21 individuals responsible for running the defunct cryptocurrency exchange Thodex. More
- Attackers stole millions from India’s Mahesh Bank. The bank did not have a valid firewall license, didn’t use phishing protection, lacked an IDS and seemingly using a flat network architecture without VLANs, all of which made the attacker’s job easy. More
- CISA issued an advisory regarding Spring4Shell, the latest vulnerability to hit the Java world. More More
Don’t have time to check this page? You can get the news summary every week in your email inbox by subscribing to my newsletter.