Here are this week’s highlights in cybersecurity:
- New nearly impossible to detect Linux Malware called ‘Symbiote’ infects all running processes by loading itself in all processes via LD_PRELOAD technique. The malware has rootkit capabilities, hiding its files, network traffic and processes from monitoring tools. More
- Black Bansa ransomware goes cross platform and now targets virtualization platform ESXi. More
- SMSFactory malware sends premium SMS to several numbers or contains a specific number which the application will attempt to call, both resulting in extra charges for the victim. More
- Previously unknown malware dubbed as SVCReady, stores its malicious shellcode in the properties of the document, instead of the document itself. More
- Offensive Security, the builders of Kali Linux, will offer free penetration testing courses on Twitch in an event called OffSec Live: PEN-200. More
Don’t have time to check this page? You can get the news summary every week in your email inbox by subscribing to my newsletter.